Illusion of time

on Monday, February 15, 2010

I looked at the clock and it showed 00:00.
Oh shit, my Philo blog is already due.
Time being an illusion is a very alien concept to me. It was brought up in "Waking Life" and the idea just seems so completely... stupid. Excuse my lack of eloquent ways to express it. Time seems to be one those very fundamental things and compared to the soul for exmample we do have numerous ways of measuring it. So time exists, but our perception of it is very interesting. This last week I feel like I've had three weekends though it is three weeks each with the normal amount of weekends attached to them. Time passes quickly when you have fun, right? And studies had been done with stop watches. I read somewhere that a stop watch with digits changing to rapidly to see was put on the wrist of a man who made a bungy jump. Mid air he looked at it and could clearly see the digits ticking away. I've experinced this myself when I went for a run in Double Block and thought my clock had stopped. It didn't move it's arms as I was running and looking at it. I turned around and ran back, afraid to get late only to realise that my clock was perfectly suyncronized with every other clock.
I was in Pune when the bomb went off. I met Aviv and Kunga, coming from the site. I was thinking - what if it had been set off in the morning? People from MUWCI would be dead now.
If there was no time and we in some way could tap into this non-time, could you ever die? Would changig the course of something create paralell unviverses? If so, there must somewhere be a universe that has survived all mishappenings. A world where no one has ever died from natural catastrophes, where there are no wars, no crime, because that world took the right turn at every choice. A perfect world?

0 comments:

Post a Comment